Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #8 Behind the Shattered Glass



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I am anticipating Tasha Alexander's latest Behind the Shattered Glass. This is another country mystery, this time a neighbor bursts through the French doors of an estate and we have another mystery on our hands! I have not read Tasha Alexander before so I have some catching up to do, but this looks good. Publication date is Oct. 15.

At some point I'm going to need a break from country mysteries but for now I'm going with it! I keep seeing new ones I want to read.

Behind the Shattered Glass (Lady Emily, #8)

From Goodreads:

A ruined abbey on a beautiful estate in Derbyshire, a murdered peer, and a most unlikely romance make New York Times bestseller Tasha Alexander’s new novel Behind the Shattered Glass absolutely irresistible

Anglemore Park is the ancestral home of Lady Emily Hargreave’s husband Colin. But the stately calm of country life is destroyed when their neighbor, the Marquess of Montagu, bursts through the French doors from the garden and falls down dead in front of the shocked gathering.  But who has a motive for murdering the young aristocrat?  The lovely cousin who was threatened by his engagement, the Oxford friend he falsely accused of cheating, the scheming vicar’s daughter he shamelessly seduced or the relative no one knew existed who appears to claim the Montagu title?  Who is the mysterious woman seen walking with him moments before he was brutally attacked?

The trail takes readers into the gilded world of a British manor house and below stairs to the servants who know all the secrets. One family’s hidden past and a forbidden 
passion are the clues to a puzzle only Lady Emily can solve.

7 comments:

  1. what a great cover! i read one of her earlier books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of her, but love the cover and the premise is quite interesting. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! This one is entirely new to me! Hope you'll enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an excellent read...and it comes out on my birthday! Woot! lol Great pick! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading this one, too, although I still have to read the two that come before it :-)

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm now following yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of her but I do love finding new reads, thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh havent heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete