Sunday, September 11, 2016

Fandom Mashups #4

Fandom Mashups

Fandom Mashups is an original feature hosted by Lunar Rainbows Reviews. Every week she proposes a fictional scenario and then we build our own dream team of five characters from five different fandoms to complete the task. 


You've gained the ability to communicate with animals. Yay! Which magical (or non-magical) animals are you hoping to chat with?   

Okay I wasn't sure if I should go with magical/ non-magical creatures in general, or specific creatures from fandoms, so I did both. Let me know what you think! What are your faves?

The Great Eagles of Tolkien


The Rats of NIMH

Intelligent rats with technology living under the rosebush. Who knows what they could share with us?


Cats

I think of all the animals a cat would be the most interesting to talk to. Hunters and connoisseurs of comfort , they could tell us a lot.

Birds

Just everyday birds (although I imagine an owl would be interesting)- kinda like Radagast in Lord of the Rings, imagine what the birds could tell us.

Dragons

And of course the big "D". Some say the dragons can enspell a being with its words or work magic. Perhaps they speak an elder tongue that predates man. Regardless surely a dragon would know the best secrets. 

10 comments:

  1. Haha yes, I want to talk to cats, though they'd probably just be really condescending and order us around. The other night two of the friendly cats in my complex were outside, so I stopped to pet each one on my way to my car, and I swear they each watched as I pet the other, as though to make sure I didn't give the other one any extra attention lol.

    It might be cool to talk to some sort of sea creature though? Like, the stuff that goes on under the ocean is pretty cool, and it's not like we actually get to experience most of it. We just kinda see some when we watch animal planet or whatever lol.

    But yeah, dragons would probably have lots of secrets and be pretty wise too. When I think talking dragons, I just think Dragonheart. Have you seen that movie? It's been a really long time since I've seen it, actually. I should rent it online or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this theory that the cats are all talking to each other and if we could speak cat we would know a lot of stuff. And ha ha yes you better not show any favoritism with the local cats. :) I like to think too how cats would interact with the fae if they were around- because of course they'd know. :)

      I thought about a sea creature- maybe dolphins? They're clearly smart and would know all about the sea. Like where are the merfolk??

      I saw Dragonheart but it's been a few years and I don't remember much? Might be worth a rewatch. As I think about it there aren't a lot of good dragon films are there? I watched Dragonslayer a while back and while it's not a very good movie the dragon was kinda cool.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to talk to cats ! They're so cute ~ And I'd also love to gossip with owls, I'm sure they know a lot of stuff about a lot of people.
    Hmm... Dragons would be interesting but I don't know why, I'm sure they'd only speak in riddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would too. Imagine what they could tell us. :) And owls too... so wise. You're probably right about dragons... why tell us when they could riddle us, or confuse us?

      Delete
  3. I would love to talk to cats today... especially my cat is being so needy, he can tell me whats wrong and we could both get on with our lives... lol! Great mashup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes if I could to cats my life would go smoother!!!

      Delete
  4. The Secret of NIMH movie tie-in book was one of my favorite books growing up! In fact, I still have that book, LOL. And being able to talk to dragons would be so awesome! I wonder what Daenerys's three would say if they could speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the movie but only recently read the book. And I reviewed it- should dredge it up. I would love to talk to dragons!

      Delete
  5. Magical or non-magical animals: cats would be my top pick ♥ LOVE them all and I think they're so clever it would be awesome to see what goes on in their minds! Tolkien's eagles would be AMAZING - they seem so wise! Birds in general, though especially owls would be great too!! And of course, dragons!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to describe cats, "... connoisseurs of comfort." :)

    ReplyDelete